Just this last Christmas I heard it was called a "bobbin." ahahahaha! I didn't really take the time to actually look up the word. How embarrassing. I think I'll just call it a bobbie from now on for kicks and giggles. You giggling with me? Yeah, I thought so.
I've done some sewing with my mother in the past, but really nothing too extensive. Maybe a pillowcase and that was it. So my seamstress knowledge was really...zilch. That's a real word by the way. Didn't know that until I just looked it up 10 seconds ago.
This past Christmas Caleb's parents gave me a beautiful sewing machine.
Isn't she beautiful? I haven't thought of a name yet...how about Bobbie? I think I like it. Ever since Christmas break started, I've been itching to learn how to use her. I even took the manual with me to Phoenix. I'm such a nerd. So when I returned to Michigan, the sewing shenanigans commenced.
After buying myself some essential tools, like scissors and thread, I went straight to work with my first project:
I wanted to make my own pin cushion since I already had scrap fabric and polyester filling. I can take credit for my handiwork, but not for the instructions on how to make it. The internet is AMAZING and people are so kind to share their knowledge. Unfortunately I can't find the original blog where I got these instructions, but she also had the great idea of embroidering your initials so that it gives a nice personal touch. I like that little detail a lot.
Yay! Finished my first sewing project on my own. This was back in January, I've finished some other projects since then, so there are more posts to come. Sorry I'm posting so much this month. I've been stuck inside because if I went outside, I could potentially get frostbite in under 30 minutes. Better to stay inside. Hope you all are staying warm this winter!
Hugs,
Jessie


No comments:
Post a Comment