Okay so life has been a little crazy, but hopefully I'll be able to bring you all up to speed here in the next few posts.
I ran my first MARATHON!
26.2 miles of amazingness! Well, you'll see in a sec the pictures may reflect something a little different. However, I very much enjoyed my race and I felt incredible throughout the race.
Unfortunately, Caleb was not able to run with me. He injured his knee, BUT he was allowed to ride his bike alongside me. I want to especially express my gratitude and love for my husband. He was with me training the whole way until he got injured. Even after being unable to run, he was willing to ride his bike with me. I'm sure it was very difficult and disappointing for him, but he still encouraged me to continue. If he was not with me during my race, I would have never done as well as I did.
Official chip time: 4:01:14.0
Race Pace: 9:12/Mile
I don't know if this is a good time, but I'm pretty satisfied with it.
We trained for this marathon since January, so about 7 months total of training. We ran a total of about 500 miles. It definitely took a lot of discipline and time, but it was well worth the effort. Would I do it all over again? Yes! I don't know if I will do another one again soon, but we'll see. I've got a lot of projects coming up in the near future. (more to come in future posts)
Here are some pictures from the race. They had professional photographers there. You can tell I look super exhausted at the end, but it was a special experience to have my super hot husband holding hands with me across the finish line. I couldn't be more proud.










1 comment:
YOU are incredible. Both of you guys are such amazing supportive roles to one another :)
Post a Comment