Me and Caleb



We went to Cedar Point in the summer. That was crazy. Those rides are definitely not for the faint of heart. The picture in the middle is probably how people perceive us, but the one on the right is more accurate.
Attended Handel's Messiah at the famous Hill Auditorium.
We went to the BYU vs. Michigan game at the Big House! It was a sad day for BYU, but the energy in there was an incredible experience.
Caleb's career as a doctoral student is very demanding. He had to go back to school after having to be at church during Bishop interviews and so I decided to accompany him to show my support. It was a long night. I think we got home around 3am. maybe later. I've gone with him multiple times now. This picture on the right just makes my heart flutter a bit. GQ model material all the way. He's just so handsome I can't get over it. Okay, moving on.
My Family. I love my family and their funny quirks. I really lucked out with amazing in-laws too.
I LOVE having sisters. It's like the best part of having brothers who are married. Well, that and having lifelong brotherly protection.
My brother Jordan (my brother-in-law, but I just think of him as my brother) got back from his mission in the summer and was able to be there with us on our race. He is so fun and goofy.
This was probably one of the biggest highlights of my year. Running has become something that I truly enjoy and get excited about. Running this marathon with my sister-in-law was so fun and we bonded in a unique and painful way. haha. She is great and I love her.
More Running...
About four weeks after my marathon with Whitney, I ran another marathon. I wanted to break four hours, but I just couldn't run fast enough. Maybe next year. :)
Ran a fun 5K with some ladies from church. I was batman.

I ran a half marathon earlier in the summer. Caleb has been my rock at these events. If I'm struggling, he'll run with me for at least a mile. At this race, he ran around 3 miles or more with me. He also ran with me during my second marathon. I don't think I will be running as much this year, but we will see.
CAMPING: This year we went camping and loved it! The first time we went to Hoffmaster State Park. It is along Lake Michigan. We had a lot of leftover bacon from a seminary breakfast. Yum! The second time we went it was in the Pinckney Recreation Area. That was only about 45 minutes away and it was gorgeous as well because it was also next to a lake. Both times we went with friends from church but sadly I didn't take too many pictures. I was just enjoying the moments.
FRIENDS
Our dear friends moved away in the spring. We miss them A LOT!
Since we couldn't find the time to go camping together, we borrowed a portable fire pit and had a campfire in our backyard and set up our tent. We didn't sleep in it, but we played games. It was really fun! Hopefully we can see them again soon!
A lot of my time this past year has been spent on volunteer work. I get to work with church youth on a stake level and I love the other leaders who serve with me. It's been a really good experience for me to learn from those who have had more life experience. I have learned a lot more about sacrifice and loving the Lord. I'm a viola mentor for a local youth orchestra and basically just play alongside them every Saturday morning. I have so much fun with the young musicians. This past fall I volunteered with a program where I was able to teach 6th graders about health and nutrition. I absolutely loved it. I enjoy being with the young people. It is crazy to think that I will be 29 soon (yikes!) but I've decided I'm not going to let that number trick me into thinking that I'm old. I mean, I won't disillusion myself and think I'll live forever, but you get the idea.
I've gone back to school, which has been somewhat terrifying for me but so far so good. I'm working towards getting into a grad school program. So we'll see how that goes.
I have learned a lot about myself in this past year and I'm really excited to see what Caleb and I do in this coming year. I get the feeling some big changes are going to happen.
Cheers to a New Year!
-Jessie














1 comment:
Love to read your 2015 memories. As for 29, that means you match mom's age this coming year. Mmmm, that means you are mom's sister now.
Post a Comment