Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Moab

After Ben and Whitney's wedding, we took a family trip to Moab, Utah and went to Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park. I just went through all of our pictures and there are a lot! This will be a long one. This post is more for family, but hey, if it convinces you to go to Moab, then great! 



Here's Josh :)









Caleb and I climbed up into this other little arch that had a great view of Delicate Arch.







Doesn't the rock look so cool?! There were a ton of people coming around the corner. I was trying to hurry Caleb to take the picture.




There were tons of people waiting there for the sunset.


The beautiful Delicate Arch. According to Wikipedia, it is a 65-foot tall freestanding natural arch. It is the most widely known arch in the Arches National Park.


We couldn't stay at Delicate Arch for the sunset, but we were greeted by this beauty on our way back. We couldn't have asked for a better sunset








 The colors are so beautiful! The camera doesn't do it justice though...


The next day we went to Park Avenue, which is also in Arches National Park. Apparently it is supposed to remind you of Park Avenue in New York. Seeing as I've never been, not sure if this actually is reminiscent of the street, but I'm sure the buildings tower over you just like these natural structures.






Caleb got a cool shot of the moon.


Notice how small we are? We look like ants!


The rock looked so cool.










Phoenix is like, "What? What's going on?"


Beautiful family!








This is the Mesa Arch in the Canyonlands National Park.


A view through the Mesa Arch. You can kind of see the Washer Woman arch in the distance.








Can you see the Washer Woman now?


 Caleb took this while looking over the edge under the Mesa Arch.


 Seriously, those clouds...
















This is the Grand View Point Overlook. Elevation: 6,080 feet.












Caleb doing some rock climbing. I stood below to break his fall. 


We were literally at the cliff's edge. Caleb's Dad didn't want us to get too close. :)


This was an awesome trip! If you ever get the chance to go, I highly recommend it. It's all worth it for the "feet over the cliff" picture. haha.

1 comment:

ida.ho said...

omygosh.... every picture is breathtaking. Makes me miss Utah!