Kale has become one of my favorite vegetables to buy here in Michigan.
I never bought it before while we were living in Utah because it was a more expensive vegetable. But here I can go to Kroger and get a bunch for 89 cents. Buy a couple of bunches and I'm set for the next time I go grocery shopping. (of course I have other vegetables in my fridge too!) I love kale because its a dark green leafy vegetable, so there are A LOT of health benefits. It is packed with a plethora of vitamins as well as antioxidants. It does not shrink down as much as spinach, and it has a great flavor that is not strong or bitter. It also keeps in the fridge longer than spinach. And lastly, it adds great color to your cooking. Read more about the benefits of kale here.
I never bought it before while we were living in Utah because it was a more expensive vegetable. But here I can go to Kroger and get a bunch for 89 cents. Buy a couple of bunches and I'm set for the next time I go grocery shopping. (of course I have other vegetables in my fridge too!) I love kale because its a dark green leafy vegetable, so there are A LOT of health benefits. It is packed with a plethora of vitamins as well as antioxidants. It does not shrink down as much as spinach, and it has a great flavor that is not strong or bitter. It also keeps in the fridge longer than spinach. And lastly, it adds great color to your cooking. Read more about the benefits of kale here.
Kale and Catfish Stir Fry
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 10 min | Servings: 4
Ingredients:
2-4 cloves garlic
2 stalks of green onions
4 stalks of kale
2 large catfish fillets
2 TB oil
2-4 cloves garlic
2 stalks of green onions
4 stalks of kale
2 large catfish fillets
2 TB oil
- Season catfish fillets with whatever seasoning you like. I used a cajun seasoning on mine.
- Mince garlic. Chop up the green onions and kale. Be sure to cut the kale into narrow strips. Set ingredients aside for later.
- Cut fillets into 1 inch square pieces.
- Heat up oil in frying pan, medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and let it cook in the oil for 10-15 seconds. Put in fish and fry for 3 minutes while tossing around with spatula.
- Add kale, stir it around, and cover with lid for 2-3 minutes.
- Uncover, check to see the fish is cooked through. When done, add green onions, stir it around, turn heat off. Let it sit for another couple minutes.
It may be some cooking faux pas to add in veggies while the raw meat is still cooking, but fish cooks pretty fast on the outside and since the kale was cut into very small pieces, it should cook pretty quickly as well. I was worried that I would overcook the fish, but it turned out delicious.
If you have a favorite kale recipe, let me know!
Jessie

No comments:
Post a Comment