Tuesday, August 19, 2014

ben and whit 2014

Over the weekend, Caleb and I went to Utah for a much anticipated wedding. Ben and Whitney were married on August 14, 2014 in the Salt Lake Temple. It was a beautiful ceremony. Everything was perfect. Before the wedding day, we went around visiting friends and relatives. It was a really busy day, and we were very exhausted, but it was worth every minute. I was grateful to see so many old friends. And a big shout out to my friend Allison for being so loving! I love you Lew Lew! I was also glad to see Ben, even if it was for a little bit, he seemed to be pretty calm and relaxed. I know he'll rock this whole marriage thing. :)

The wedding day went perfectly. We rode with Josh, Shannon, and Phoenix and had time to spare before the actual temple ceremony. With our extra time, we went to the temple square visitor center and saw the famous Christus statue. It was so peaceful. I just stood there looking up at the statue for a few silent moments, and feeling overwhelmed with gratitude for my knowledge of the Savior and His love for me. I am so grateful for the faith I have in Him. Because of Him, I've had the strength to do hard things and to change for the better. 




 

I love Josh and Shannon! I am so lucky to have some awesome in-laws. They are both amazing people and I look up to them so much. It's too bad they live in Utah...or I guess they would say it's too bad we moved away. However, now we live super close to Caleb's parents so I can't complain. We love hanging out with them too. If you're wondering why we're all wearing blue, it's because we were part of the wedding party. The colors were navy and coral. 


The sealing ceremony was incredible. I loved looking at Ben. He was beaming the whole time. The joy was just emanating from his face. You could tell he was so excited.  I was reminded of my own experience when Caleb and I were sealed together for time and all eternity. It really is a comfort to know we can be together with our loved ones forever. 











We got some really pretty flowers!

After the sealing, Caleb's parents had arranged a luncheon for family and friends in Centerville. It was a very nice venue. Caleb's Dad gave a hilarious powerpoint slideshow about our lovely Ben, preparing the Sanders family what they should expect. He did one for Josh and Caleb as well. I don't have any pics from the the luncheon, but it was great all around. The reception was held at the Sanders' stake center. It was so beautifully decorated! I loved the flowered wreath at the center of the dance floor. 


Josh, Caleb, and I bought supplies and tastefully decorated their car of course. We bid them farewell in a tunnel of sparklers and they drove off into the night to Park City. This week though, they're keeping things spicy in Mexico. :)  

Congratualtions Ben and Whitney!

1 comment:

ida.ho said...

i love temple square! You two look adorable!