So I had been talking with Caleb about planning some sort of camping trip to the Great Lakes. He's so busy these days though that we haven't really been able to plan a real trip, but then last Saturday we decided to just go. I had sent an article to Caleb about the wonderful beaches at Lake Michigan, suggesting maybe we could go on a Saturday. When Saturday rolled around, we slept in, and I didn't really expect to go anywhere, because we're kinda boring like that. But lo and behold, he suggested we go to a beach. So we did. :)
It was AWESOME.
And it's not like it was the most beautiful beach on the planet, but the stars were aligned just for us. Perfect weather. Perfect water. Perfect sand. It felt amazing to be outside. That morning we didn't even know which beach we wanted to go to. We just chose the one that was closest. Tiscornia Beach was about a two and a half hour drive. Not bad at all.
The water felt really good. It's also really shallow, and so we ended up throwing a frisbee while standing knee high in the water. That was really fun. I told Caleb before that I know how to swim the butterfly stroke, but he didn't really believe me. So I took the opportunity to show him I could do it. He was quite impressed with my swimming ability. Why would I lie about something like that? :)
The sand was so fine that they would make these little peaks on your toes. Caleb thought is was really cool.
We walked out onto the pier. The view was really pretty. And the skies were so clear. It was beautiful. We had a nice romantic walk.
Because this is a lake, it was fresh water. No salty water in the mouth. No smelly kelp. Love it.
A view of Tiscornia Beach from the pier.
It was such a lovely day. If there's anything awesome about Michigan, it's got to be the beaches on the Great Lakes. If any of you come to visit in the summer, I'll take you to one.







No comments:
Post a Comment