Friday, February 1, 2013

Christmas and January 2013 Adventures


  First of all, I hope everyone had a great holiday. Our Christmas vacation was amazing! We went to Ohio to spend Christmas with Caleb's family. Mom and Dad took all of us to see "Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat" at a local theater and the new Les Miserables movie on Christmas day. We had a family craft where each of us created our own sweatshirt design. Mom and Dad also spoiled us with way too many gifts, but we are very very grateful for their generosity. Here are some photos from our trip.








January has been a good month for us this year. Caleb has finished all of his grad school applications and so we are waiting to hear back from them. I'm working part time and just enjoying life with Caleb, the most perfect person for me. Caleb took me to the Y Ball at BYU and this is how he asked me:



Inside was a letter asking me to go to the Y Ball 

And so of course I say yes. We had a really good time. The dance was only for engaged/married couples, so it was a very love-filled event. They had some stations to take pictures. We are such a photogenic couple. :)





I've also made the goal of choosing recipes to follow for dinners instead of just making something up on the fly. It's been really fun, sorry the photos are terrible, but I can assure you it tasted like you were at a five star restaurant.

Pizza recipe from Costco book

Happy husband with lemon chicken and green beans

We also just went last night to see the BYU production of The Phantom of the Opera and it was outstanding!! It was worth every penny. We bought our tickets super early in December and apparently every show sold out by the end of the month.  I'm so grateful that Caleb did some very good planning on his part. Neither of us are very good at planning dates. 


Also, for my mother's birthday, the Tang clan made a special family photo. Happy Birthday Mom!


I'm very excited for February...Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Mariana said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVE the "TANG" photo for your mom! Is it weird that I want a copy as well?? I'm also going to need every recipe you and caleb are experimenting in the kitchen. Oh, and also thought the Coburn kissing photo was cute/funny...but Caleb, that butt grab is VERY apparent hahaha!

Unknown said...

Glad you liked the T.A.N.G. picture :) We were really happy with how it turned out, but it still feels like there is something missing... like a good butt grab. Every quality picture should have a good butt grab in it. If you want we could send you a copy of the file, even if it is a little incomplete :)