Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pee Wee Marathoners

Sup? So this is my maiden post. Lets hope its a good one-I don't have any champagne bottles to christen it with. Actually I may have posted before now that I think about it, but I don't feel like deleting that brilliant and witty imagery.

Life is so good right now. Seeing as I'm married to Jessica that is probably obvious to everyone. One of the fun things we've been doing recently has been training for our upcoming race: the Morgan Valley Marathon. We've been training for a while now and we are starting to get a little better at running. So far we have run about 77 miles in small chunks. We are getting a little faster too- our last run knocked out 5 miles at an 8 min mile pace, which is a lot faster than we started.

I think we've learned a lot already by running together. Some days are a lot easier to run than others, but so far we haven't broken from our training schedule. We're getting better at running as a team and supporting each other where it gets tough. We are able to run farther faster now than we could before because we are consistently working together towards a goal. She teaches me persistance: a week ago she dragged me out into a blizzard to run the last two and a half miles of our run when the indoor track closed. Most importantly, we have learned how to look good in spandex while waddle running over ice and trying really hard not to slip. (unfortunately, we don't have any pictures of that to share)

Basically what I'm trying to say is that Jess looks great in spandex pants. Everyone knows that's why I'm in the race.

No comments: