Thursday, December 11, 2014

showering of babes



Hello! So it's been crazy (as it always seems to be during these months) so now I'm finally able to write a little bit about what's been going on. The baby shower I planned was last Tuesday and my friend had her baby last weekend! It's been a really exciting couple of weeks. Caleb and I were able to visit them at the hospital and their baby girl is seriously adorable. For blogging purposes, I will call their daughter Calebella. Guess who thought of that? Caleb was trying really hard to convince them to name her that, so I guess he is getting his wish on our blog. :) Or I might just call her Bella for short. Anyway...I've got photos of the baby shower, but not of her. I'll leave that to the parents.

One really great perk of having a father who makes photography a serious hobby: he gives you his old equipment. My dad recently gave me his old Nikon attachable flash. It makes a huge difference. I've really been wanting to work on my photography skills, so I made an effort to produce quality pictures of the event. We didn't go crazy on decorations, nor did we play any games, but we had great company, great food, and great fun. I am indebted to the other women who helped in making this happen!
  






In the black journal, I asked the women to write down advice, or write about a quality they admire in their own mothers. Or of course they could write both. 





ham and potato soup

italian vegetable soup

 bread bowls

veggies and dip

gourmet cupcakes

oreos (karissa favorite)


 doritos (karissa favorite)

Jello cups (martini glass for Karissa)

It ain't your usual baby shower fare, but it was a hit and everyone loved it. The oreos and doritos were kind of a joke...I think Karissa has a love-hate relationship with them. :) 


Some cute kids, and some of our cute young women.






Karissa got these golden hair bows for the baby. I wanted them for myself.








It looks like I've been crying in this pic below. It was because I was laughing hysterically to the point of tears just seconds earlier. 


Congrats to the new Mom! She recently said she is obsessed with her little one. And then thought "obsessed" was not the right word. No no...it totally is. 

"Children are an heritage of the Lord." ~Psalm 127:3




No comments: