Saturday, November 15, 2014

i like me some good design

Hey there, I think it's about time I blog some more. To say the very least, I've been busy...which is good! Then I can tell you all about it. I have a lot of projects going on right now, but there is one I'd like to show you. It's hot off the press. Come see. 

I am throwing a baby shower (why do you say "throw?") for one of my good friends here. I am collaborating with some other ladies in the ward to make it happen, but I'm basically in charge. So far so good, but there is still a lot to do. 

First things first...the invitations...

I have discovered that I am a lover of beautiful writing, fonts, print design, fancy paper, and even fancier pens. Anything that involves paper and ink, it somehow attracts me. So I made a project out of the invitations. Normally in our ward at church, someone sends out a mass email to the entire ward inviting everyone to the baby shower, but I decided that I wanted to go more traditional. Karissa liked the idea of inviting women that she knew personally, so all the more reason for me to make the invitations and use my design skillz...

Here's what came to fruition:


 I'm pretty proud of them, I'll just be honest. But don't they look so good?!
I gathered some ideas off the internet, but made some changes here and there and I chose the colors, fonts, and paper.
I'm just having way too much fun with this. I'm going with theme colors of cream, blush, black, and gold. Pretty classy in my opinion.


I then proceeded to address the envelopes using my calligraphy skillz...


I'm not made of money, but if I were I would have had these professionally printed. I bought the cardstock and nice envelopes from a store called The Paper Source. When I'm in there, I feel like a child in a candy store. It's a really fun store, but really expensive. However, they have a good selection of paper, and I have yet to find another store with this same variety. There may be a better store further into Ann Arbor, but I've only been there once and parking was atrocious...so I never went back. Maybe I will try to go again sometime.


At least they give you a cool paper bag. :)


Pretty cool huh? I haven't used my calligraphy pen in a while, so it was nice to break it out.

And by the way, I absolutely love love love burning candles. 
The one in this picture is "warm apple pie." Love it!

Happy weekend!

<3 Jessie

No comments: