Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Mother is Proud...First Apple Pie

Groundbreaking news...I just successfully made my first apple pie. :) I guess "successfully" would be subjective, but in terms of taste, it was absolutely wonderful. That's really all that mattered to me anyway. Maybe when I become a more experienced baker I'll focus more on aesthetics, but for now, I'm just grateful it tastes good. Take a look:

BEFORE

And Voila!...AFTER

I know my efforts on the edges of the crust were completely disregarded by the oven, but I won't give up that easily. You'll see oven...you'll see. I let the pie cool and later that night we tried it and it was so delicious! Growing up, my mom would make apple pie and she seriously makes the best. Being a person from Hong Kong and not growing up with an oven in the home, she does a superb job. I called her for the recipe and tips on how she makes her apple pie. Hopefully I can someday master this and pass on the wisdom to my own daughter.

So...Caleb and I ate half of the pie. Then we gave a quarter of it to one of the ladies that we know from church. So there is only a quarter left....it will be gone very soon. But I plan on making another one that will be even better, and then I will share it with more friends. 

My dad wants me to make an apple pie for Thanksgiving, so now the pressure is on. Can't wait to see them in a couple weeks!

No comments: