"Fortune befriends the bold." -Emily Dickinson
Caleb and I both love to cook. I wouldn't say we're good at it. We love to cook because we love experimenting. Give us a recipe, and if we don't have everything on that list...well...then we get a little creative and improvise. We're not going to go out to the store just to get one ingredient. (It really depends on the ingredient, but we usually choose a recipe where we have most of the things.) It hasn't been a success story every time, but we have discovered some delectable gems we've become proud of. I'd like to share with you our Ma Po Tofu Dish:
Doesn't that look so good? I mean, let's just assume you like tofu and spicy food. This dish turned out amazing for us, and I didn't have everything on the list. The main ingredient was bean paste; I had no idea what kind, but I had this Korean red bean pepper paste and thought, "well, it's the only thing I have that's closest to it, might as well give it a try." Before this recipe, I had failed miserably at using this paste, so I was already skeptical. This dish not only tasted amazing, but also the presentation made me look like a top notch Asian cuisine chef. I was pretty proud of myself. Caleb loved it. I just think it's ironic I used a Korean paste for a Chinese tofu dish. These two cultures really should get together more often.
Recipe Link: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Ma-Po-Tofu-103565
Doesn't that look so good? I mean, let's just assume you like tofu and spicy food. This dish turned out amazing for us, and I didn't have everything on the list. The main ingredient was bean paste; I had no idea what kind, but I had this Korean red bean pepper paste and thought, "well, it's the only thing I have that's closest to it, might as well give it a try." Before this recipe, I had failed miserably at using this paste, so I was already skeptical. This dish not only tasted amazing, but also the presentation made me look like a top notch Asian cuisine chef. I was pretty proud of myself. Caleb loved it. I just think it's ironic I used a Korean paste for a Chinese tofu dish. These two cultures really should get together more often.
Recipe Link: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Ma-Po-Tofu-103565
No comments:
Post a Comment