Wednesday, October 1, 2014

hitting lots of birds with one stone

So I just got back from another trip. Yeah, I know, I keep going on all these trips. This year has just been an exciting year for people close to me. I went to San Diego for a wedding reception of one of my best friends since 5th grade. It was quite the event. I wasn't planning on going, but then when I found out our other best friend from 5th grade was going, I reconsidered. It has been years since we have been together, so I figured what better reason to get together than a wedding? It will probably be another long while until we are reunited again.

Dawn befriended me in 5th grade. She was a new girl. And she invited me over all the time. She lived just down the street from me.


I got these old photos from facebook. She somehow found them and posted them years ago. 


It was the beginning of an awesome relationship. Pretty sure this is 5th or 6th grade. I wish I had one of Mariana too, but you'll see her in a second. 






The next couple of photos pretty much sum up what we're like together.



I think this next one was around two years into college. People hardly change.




Dawn got married earlier this year, and then finally had a party in SD. 


That baby is her niece!


Here's my little MarMar!


Dawn looked so beautiful that day! Loved her dress.


Mariana and I got to do a little sightseeing before we both had to leave. We stayed with a friend from high school who happened to be living in SD. 

One battered fish taco, and a shrimp taco. It was so yummy! If you're ever in SD, go to Oscar's Mexican Seafood. You won't regret it one bit.








The San Diego Temple is in sight! It's in the pic below. You probably can't see it too well, but if you see a white dot on the right...yup...you guessed it. :)


Meet Nook. The sweetest dog ever. Almost convinced me that I want a dog someday. Almost. :) We'll see.


I wish I had taken pictures with the other people I visited. Before SD I went to Phoenix, and spent time with my family. In SD not only did I see Dawn and Mariana, but I also saw their families and siblings. I got to visit my relatives in SD as well as one of my best friends from college who happens to be working in SD as well. So all in all, it was awesome! With this trip I was able to see so many friends that I hadn't seen in years. It was well worth the money. 

I know I just got back from a trip...but I may be going on another one. What?! We shall see.

I took a red eye flight back to Michigan. I arrived at 6:30 am on Caleb's birthday! Perfect timing I know. My next post will be about that. I think this one is long enough. 

tootles,

Jessie





No comments: